Have you been looking for ways to optimize your workouts? If so, then a smart band might be just the option you need. You might have heard them called a ‘smart wristband‘ or a ‘smart band watch‘, maybe even a ‘smart bracelet‘. They are relatively new to the fitness tracker world but super effective as an addition to anyone’s health and fitness goals.
But what is a smart band, how does it work, and which ones could be right for your needs? We’ll be answering all of these questions today to help you discover some of the key things you should know when buying. Hopefully, this could help improve your fitness results.
What is a Smart Band?
Before looking any further, we need to start by considering what a smart wristband is and how it works. Smart band watches are specialist, wearable devices that offer a myriad of smart technology solutions and can provide countless features. They were perhaps first made to help solely as a fitness tracker; however, they’ve evolved into incredible lifestyle management tools, helping wearers meet their basic activity goals.
What to Look For When Buying a Smart Band Watch?
When buying a smart wristband, you should consider several important things. Indeed, buying a smart band watch isn’t always straightforward, but some of the key things you may want to consider include:
- Budget – are you getting good value for money on your purchase?
- Reputation and ratings – does the smart band do what it claims?
- Features – does the smart wristband include all of the features you need?
- Functionality – is your chosen smart band easy and intuitive to use?
- Data sync – can your chosen model sync with your mobile device (if this is important for your decision)?
These are all key factors to consider when choosing a smart wristband – but, with a little thought and consideration, it’s certainly possible to find a smart band model that meets all of your expectations.
The Top 4 Smart Wristband Models You Could Try!
The Fitbit smart band is perhaps one of the most iconic models on the market, and for an excellent reason: they’re reliable, durable, and can withstand any activity. Available in three different colors (carbon/graphite, sage grey/silver, and white/gold), these stunning smart bands are ideal for adding a little class to your workout.
- Choice of three different colors
- Can pair with smartphones and smart devices in your home
- Highly effective across many extreme conditions, including at high altitudes – ideal for more adventurous workouts
- Effective for many different monitoring systems and solutions, including sleep monitoring
- Battery life for six days or longer
- Only suitable for users over 22 years of age
- More inaccurate for heart rate monitoring than other Fitbit devices
If you’re looking for a “sweet and simple” smart band, this model from Xiaomi could be just what you need. It’s not as versatile, complex, or advanced as many others, but its value-for-money is unbeatable. The sleek black design also makes it so easy to pair with any workout outfit.
- Unbeatable value for money
- AMOLED touch screen for an ultra-high-quality, easy to read display
- Magnetic snap charging in just two hours and lasting for up to 14 days
- Water-resistant to a depth of up to fifty meters for up to ten minutes
- More limited in terms of features compared to other smart band devices
- Heart rate monitor is not as accurate as some other models
It’s substantially more expensive than most smart bands, but you get an exceptional experience with this stunning design. Not only is the Garmin Fenix band complete with numerous different activity options, but the long-life battery can last for anywhere up to nine days on a single charge.
- Exceptionally high-quality screen for outstanding readability and clear use
- Provides smart notifications throughout the workout
- Long-lasting battery life for up to nine hours
- Seamless, stylish in design and available in multiple colors
- Substantially more expensive than many other smart bands.
We’ve already listed a FitBit on today’s list, but, as one of the leading brands for premium smart bands, we’d be remiss to miss this excellent model. The Fitbit Versa 3 will keep you going for days and includes numerous different features that make it exceptionally popular and easy to use. It’s slightly more expensive than the previous FitBit we mentioned but offers far more features.
- Capable of pairing with your smartphone device
- Numerous excellent features for monitoring your activity, including an inbuilt heart rate monitor and GPS, along with notifications, alarm clock functionality, and more
- Supports with exercise and recovery thanks to the Daily Readiness Score
- Water-resistant up to fifty meters
- Available in countless different colors
- Some customers have experienced weak screens that break easily
If you’ve been looking to buy a smart wristband, we hope today’s guide may have given you some new ideas and inspiration on where to start. While not every smart band watch is created equally, there are countless excellent options and models on the market.
So, whether you opt for one of today’s top-four picks, or if you choose a fitness tracker we’ve not listed today, we hope you’ll now know a little more about what to look for from your smart wristband as a result.