The question is often asked ‘Is Crossfit good for weight loss?’ And across the industry the answer is ‘yes’. Crossfit workouts combined with good nutrition will help you lose weight fast.
In each person the way to losing weight depends on a variety of factors. A few of these are:
- individual basal metabolism
- lifestyle habits
Taking a healthy approach to losing weight means that beyond our medical health and nutrition, exercise is key.
What’s the difference between crossfit workouts and regular gym sessions?
Crossfit workouts involve performing a series of high intensity multi-joint exercises. It is comprehensive and demanding. Crossfit focuses on functional movement with minimal breaks between changing exercises. During crossfit exercises you burn calories while improving resistance, flexibility, power and balance.
The 20-30 minute session includes exercises like squats, rope jump, deadlift, push-ups, running, sit-ups. It uses a combination of interval and strength training with cardio. The dynamism and frenetic pace makes it effective at being the quickest way to lose weight.
You will also lose weight in the gym by doing regular gym sessions, but the weight loss may be slower. Strength training involves working individual muscles, with the specific goal in mind of trying to increase their power and volume. Remember that can mean that in the first weeks of training, you do not lose weight and even gain it. Crossfit helps burn a higher number of calories than traditional workouts.
Advantages of crossfit workouts versus the gym to lose weight fast
Crossfit workouts have a reputation for exercise in a fun but focused community. The main goal is total body fitness so you know that you are going to experience progressive improvement.
Plus when we compare it to the traditional gym activities we see:
- The workouts are high intensity so that energy expenditure starts within minutes. Crossfit is one of the best fat burning exercises for this reason.
- Crossfit workouts combine cardio with strength and endurance work. It’s a total body workout with flexibility and calories burning. Mobility is often improved in quite a big way.
- These sessions are some of the best cardio for weight loss options in the gym. Being able to do this while building strength across the body is a significant benefit.
- It is a dynamic training, varying from one session to another, in the company of other members. A crossfit class cultivates motivation with its changing nature and use of a dedicated coach. Try to get your friends involved with you!
- Intense exercise at full speed increases the metabolic rate. Most gym workouts are performed at an average heart rate. One of the advantages of crossfit is that you not only burn calories and fat during exercise but in the hours afterwards.
- During the exercise you elevate your heart rate and keep it working hard. Improvements to heart health can be a definite advantage through crossfit. Other gym training is usually performed at an average heart rate.
How many times a week should I do crossfit?
Professionals recommend that you do 5 days a week. You can start out doing 3 crossfit workouts a week then have a rest day. Then the next 2 session before another rest.
There has been some evidence that if you attend less than that you may not see the same level of improvement.
Will crossfit burn belly fat?
Crossfit workouts have interval and strength training plus aerobic exercise. This means everything gets fired up and is effectdive for burning your belly fat.
High-intensity workouts can burn quite a lot of calories in a week. Average calorie loss for crossfit members can be around 2700-3000 per week.
Are crossfit workouts for beginners?
Absolutely! Each session has a coach to be able to help everyone that participates.
You can start at your own level of fitness and go at your own pace, even with the intense workout. Working out with other people is a great way to stay motivated and making exercise fun and rewarding.
Give Crossfit a go
Both crossfit workouts and standard gym sessions are valid options when it comes to trying to lose weight. However, if your priority is trying to lose those pounds quickly, then crossfit is your best bet. Try it out now and test how it impacts your health goals!